Old Fashioned Honey Pie
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 tbsp + 4 tbsp cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp cold ice water
- ¾ cup Drizzle White Raw Honey
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp nutmeg
To Make the Dough:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, blend together the flour, a pinch of salt and sugar. Add 8 tbsp butter. Pulse, until the dough looks like small peas.
- Sprinkle the cold water over the dough. Pulse again, until the dough holds together when squeezed.
- Place the dough on a counter, and form into a ¾” disk. Cover in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured counter. Roll out into a 14” round. Gently lift the dough and place in a 9” pie plate. Fit the dough in the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Trim any overhang and pinch the edge of the dough around the pie plate. Prick bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment paper and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake, covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 – 15 minutes more.
- Remove dried beans and parchment and let cool completely on a wire rack.
To Make the Filling:
- Meanwhile, make the filling by warming the Drizzle White Raw Honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the 4tbsp butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Stir into the honey mixture. Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pour filling into cooled crust. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until center is set and crust is golden brown.
- Top with fresh fruit of choice and powdered sugar.