Spring Herb Matcha-mole
A quick and easy springtime appetizer or condiment! This recipe is vegan and gluten free. Enjoy a new spin on traditional guacamole! Another delicious recipe by our friend Carla Riley.
- 1 Teaspoon Genuine Tea Matcha Powder
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- Half a Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Avocado oil ( olive oil or any cold pressed oil will work)
- 1 Teaspoon Shallots
- 1 Teaspoon Green Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- Salt to Taste ( we used ¼ Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt)
- Juice the lemon into a bowl
- Add Matcha powder and whisk
- Add oil and whisk again
- Add shallots and remaining herbs
- Mash avocados in a separate bowl ( leave a few chunks for great texture)
- Add avocados to the matcha and herb mixture and season with salt.
- Pair with your favourite tortilla chips, baguette or crackers!