Matcha Scones (Gluten Free)
Enjoy a low sugar, gluten free snack or breakfast on the run. Feel free to add your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruit to the mix. This is another wonderful recipe by our good friend, Carla Riley.
Prep time: 20 mins
Servings: 9 large or 16 small scones
- 1- 2 Tablespoons of Kato Matcha Powder
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Chickpea Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Cup (approximately 10) Apricots
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons of Agave
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir until Genuine Tea Matcha Uji is well incorporated.
- Finely dice apricots and add to dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and agave and add to dry ingredients.
- Make a ball with the dough and flatten into a square on a non stick surface or cover counter / cutting board with parchment paper.
- Cut square into 9, 12, or 16 squares ( depending on preferred size) and then cut into triangles. You will find the dough a bit sticky don’t fret grab a nonstick spatula. The end result is worth it!
- Place the scones on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Would recommend checking scones at 8 minutes.
Leave a comment