This recipe, from our good friend Carla Riley, is perfect for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time in the morning, but still wants to get their daily Matcha fix! Packed with 4 different super-foods, these gluten-free and nut-free energy balls can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. You can even make a large batch and freeze them so they can be enjoyed month after month.
Matcha Energy Balls
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Servings: 24 Match Energy Balls
- blend the pumpkin seeds, kasha, toasted coconut and oats together, put blended mixture in a bowl and add the hemp hearts
- blend cocoa nibs into very fine grind and place in a separate bowl
- rinse blender and add the following ingredients in this order: coconut milk, honey, Matcha Uji and bananas until smooth
- stir the Matcha mixture into the ground ingredients and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes (this mixture should feel sticky and stiff enough to hold together)
- create small balls and roll each ball into the cacao nib coating for an extra energy boost!