Iced Matcha & Salted Caramel Latte
Sweet, creamy, salty and oh so delicious! This modern twist on an Iced Matcha Latte will surely make your day, week or even you whole month! Made with homemade salted caramel, coconut milk and Ceremonial Grade Matcha Uji! Recipe by Lisa Bryan from Downshiftology
Prep time: 15 mins
- 2 tsp Genuine Tea Matcha powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup ice
Coconut Milk Layer
- 1 cup coconut milk (divided)
Salted Caramel Layer (makes 1 cup)
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups ice
- Make Salted Caramel Sauce first*
- Place all of the matcha layer ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce to each glass, then enough ice to fill each glass.
- Pour ½ cup of coconut milk into each glass.
- Top with the Matcha layer, divided evenly between both glasses.
* Salted Caramel Sauce (Cook Time: 45 minutes)
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature, keeping the sauce at a light simmer.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. As the sauce reaches the last 5-8 minutes of cooking time, stir more frequently incorporating the more caramel burned bits from the bottom into the sauce. This helps to flavor it! Once the sauce has turned a dark amber and has thickened to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Serve the sauce warm or refrigerate in a sealed glass jar for up to two weeks. If refrigerating, leave on the counter for 10 minutes to cool, stir again, then refrigerate.
Leave a comment