Green Curry Soup with Cilantro-Matcha Garnish Purée
The weather is still freezing cold and the snow seems to never end! So, why not warm up and increase your energy with this phenomenal spicy Thai-inspired soup? Another fantastic recipe by our friend Carla Riley of Keep Kitchens.
Prep time: 40 mins
Equipment you will need:
- Baking sheet
- Large Pot
- 2 Large zucchinis
- ½ Garlic bulb
- 1 Tablespoon Oil of choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut zucchinis and garlic in half
- Drizzle oil to fully coat vegetables
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Make the Cilantro-Matcha Garnish while vegetables roast
- Once vegetables are fully roasted blend until smooth.
- Add the following into a pot: - ½ Teaspoon Oil - ½ Shallot chopped - ½ Tablespoon Ginger grated - 2 Tablespoons Green Curry Paste - ½ Cup Coconut Milk or Cream - Zest from Whole Lime - 1 Litre Water
- Gently sauté ginger and shallots until shallots are cooked through
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order they appear and bring soup to a gentle boil.
- Top with garnish and serve.
Add the following in a blender in this order:
- ¼ Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoon (½ lime) Fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Shallot Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Genuine Tea Matcha Powder
- 1 Cup Cilantro (washed well and chopped use lots of stems)
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves (optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
Blend all ingredients until you get a bright green purée
*Garnish can be used as a salad dressing or a sauce for sandwiches, meats and vegetables.
Leave a comment