About the BISTRO Double Glass Electric Kettle with Temperature Control
Tea aficionados take note! The BISTRO electric kettle has been crafted especially for tea lovers, where precision of temperature is crucial to the perfect brew.
Some teas are too delicate for boiling water, such as green or white tea, which become bitter when steeped at high temperatures. This clever water kettle allows you to choose between five temperature settings ranging from 60ºC to 100ºC, so you can use the optimum temperature to suit your drink of choice.
With its innovative double wall construction, handy warming function, and stylish design, this double glass kettle ensures a perfectly brewed cuppa every time, whether you’re drinking white, green, or black tea, or making coffee or hot chocolate.
Main Features & Benefits
- Stylish double glass kettle with temperature control.
- Five temperature settings for different types of tea: 60ºC/140ºF, 70ºC/158ºF, 80ºC/176ºF, 90ºC/194ºF, and 100ºC/212ºF.
- 1.1 litre / 37 ounce capacity.
- Transparent body with water level marked in litres, ounces and cups, so you only boil what you need.
- Innovative double wall construction. The inner wall is made from BPA-free borosilicate glass, while the outer wall is transparent plastic, which protects and insulates the glass while preventing you from burning your fingers.
- Warming function to keep water at your chosen temperature for up to 30 minutes.
- Manual on/off switch, with a temperature sensor for automatic shut-off.
- Removable filter in the spout to prevent limescale from entering your cup.
- Covered heating element for easy cleaning.
Use & Care
Before using the electric kettle for the first time, fill to the MAX with cold water, boil, and discard. Remove and clean the filter regularly to prevent limescale build up. The electric kettle can be cleaned with a descaling product, and the exterior wiped with a damp cloth.
How It Works
- Remove the water kettle from its base and fill to the desired level.
- Choose the temperature required, and press the on/off button.
- The button flashes until the selected temperature has been reached, at which point an acoustic signal will indicate it’s ready to use.
- To keep water at the required temperature, press the “keep warm” button.